Friday, August 29, 2008

1st week of college has arrived...

I've officially moved back into the dorm. My room is all set up and I'm ready for the semester to start.

The overwhelming feeling hasn't hit yet, but I'm sure within due time it will. I'm in the following classes: Band, Principles & Problems of Missions, Principles and Methods of Education, Music of the Bible, Cultural Diversity, Children's Literature, and Urban Ministry. Overall they won't be difficult I just have to figure out a way to stay on top of all the reading. I believe that I have more reading this semester than I have in the past.

This week has been Revival. I must say that God has came and met the needs of people who have truly sought Him. I, for one, have sought God's face and He has met my needs. Earlier in the week I still felt a struggle, but I can truly say that God has been faithful once again. I strongly dislike being in a spirtual battle, but I find this is a period when I grow. My heart's desire is to be a living vessel for God. I want to know Him deeper, I want to continue to be molded, into what He wants for my life.

Last week, was Dad's 48th Birthday! My parents came up to Cincinnati to bring me things I needed at home, and also to spend time with our family. Our family loves Buckhead's and decided that we would go there for supper. Long story short, we get there, get seated, and then was informed all we could order was salad. We decided that wasn't what we wanted and made our way over to Don Pablo's. We wanted to eat outside to enjoy the view of the river, but opted for inside where it was much cooler. Mom "accidently" mentioned it was Dad's birthday and of course he got to wear the sombrero.


Dad and Meaghan, I love how Dad's face is red

Meaghan had to try it on. Just a little to big Meaghan

Kaiden loved it!

This weekend I'm going to a Renaissance Festival with the Tyler Clan. I hear that its lots of fun. Looking forward to enjoying this weekend before I'm overwhelmed with school work. Tonight and tomorrow night I will be working and then head off to my brothers for the weekend. Sunday night is the big Fireworks Display and I'm looking forward to it very much!

I must go. I have several chapters that I intend to get finished tonight. Have a wonderful weekend.

~SKW

1 comments:

Alanna said...

I'm totally with you on the reading - way too much!! :) It'll be cool being in Children's Lit together! Hope you have a "laborless" Labor Day! Ha!