Saturday, March 29, 2008

Second day of tour

As I lay here blogging I am currently in Rock Hills, South Carolina. Today, is the second day of tour and it has been excellent so far. Last night, we had our first service in Ohio about an hour away from school. Today we loaded the bus at 6:45 and pulled away from good ole' Cincinnati. We had a long 8 1/2 hrs on the bus but it has been fun. I almost completed the book, Missions in the 21st Century (which is very good,) my homework load is a little lighter now.


In both of our services God has really came and met with us. Last night, was really good, but tonight was AWESOME! God's presence was there and I absolutely love services where people are standing, shouting and raising their hands toward Heaven.

Here are just a few pictures:
Wonderful Hot Fudge Cake


West Virgina

Well, before the service tonight Mr. D informed me that there wasn't enough housing for all of us to go to so the majority of us ended up in hotels! For this I am very thankful! As soon as we got here we all carried our stuff up to our rooms and walked down the road to McDonalds. I must say they have excellent sweet tea out here.

On more of a serious note one of the songs that we sing and play is, Your still Lord. Every time this we come to this song I can't help cry. The whole song is very powerful but there is a few phrases that really speak to me. The first part talks about how we accepted Christ as Lord Almighty as a child and how he is still our Lord. In the second verse one particular phrase is When I made my choice it was forever. How true that is for me. I'm glad I made a choice to follow God, but my choice will be for a life time, there's nothing that I want to go back to.

Your Still Lord
When I was just a child I heard the beautiful story
How You loved me so that you died on Calvary
And though I claimed you way back then as Lord Almighty
Things haven’t changed, my love’s still the same
You’re still Lord to me

CHORUS
You’re still Lord, You’re still my Father
In little of much I still feel Your touch
You’re still Lord
You’re still Lord, You’re still my Father
You’ll always be mine for all time
You’re still Lord

VERSE 2
Some have called you Lord but now the serve another
To worldly things their heart has pledged it’s loyalty
But as for me when I made my choice it was forever
And just as before but now even more
You’re still Lord to me

CHORUS
You’re still Lord, You’re still my Father
In little of much I still feel Your touch
You’re still Lord
You’re still Lord, You’re still my Father
You’ll always be mine for all time
You’re still Lord

7 comments:

Sam said...

I'm really glad the Lord is blessing your band tour. Sing lots of autographs! I like the song. "when I made the choice it was forever" good stuff. keep on playing that unknown instrument!

Sarah said...

I will try my best to sign as many as possible :D My unknown instrument is desperately in need a "real" name. I'm very thankful that God is helping us so far.

Nichole said...

Hmmm.. That picture of West Virginia makes me really homesick! There's nothing like those West Virginia hills.

coffeechica said...

okay so I can't believe you stole my pic and put it on your blog before I had a chance to publish it online. and you didn't even mention me! *big sigh* i could use some chocolate cake about now!

Ike said...

Are you allowed to comment on an old post? I'm not sure, maybe I have to consult the Etiquette for Bloggers Handbook and find out...anyway, praise the Lord for his help during tour!

Sherry said...

Sarah, Thanks for publishing that post! Will you send me that song to my email???? The kids were talking today about when you guys made a slide out of my kitchen floor!

Alanna said...

That picture of the hot fudge cake is incredible ... It was so good!! And each one of our services were amazing too!