Thursday, June 19, 2008

There are just some things that I love about summer. I love walking outside and smelling the fresh air, or walking through the garden and smelling the plants, picking fresh tomatoes, or strawberries from the patch, cleaning them off with your hand and eating them right there. As of now all we have ready to eat are, strawberries, potatoes, snow peas, radishes, green onions, and a few peppers. I can't wait until the green tomatoes get big enough to pick and fry, or when they turn red just to enjoy their wonderful taste, and of course the corn...aw I can't wait.

Sunday are dinner consisted of the new vegetables from our garden, Skillet salad, new potatoes, Dad's wonderful cabbage, and then of course hamburgers, hot dogs, and red hot dogs.This week I arrived at work to the Dad greeting me at the door. Before I stepped a foot into the house I was told that there was bad news. My heart sunk at this point...what could it be. Well, I was informed that Emily's(my boss) brother and family was involved in a fatal accident on Sunday. The brother and two people in the other car were killed. Ethan,(boss's nephew) who is 5, was air lifted to Children's in Cincinnati and is in ICU. Ethan stomach was cut open, his intestines, the linings and everything had been ripped. Because of all of this Ethan was left with Septic. Ethan has been sedated since Sunday but is making great progress. He has had two surgeries, and will have another one Friday, they are hoping by Friday that his organs are not as swollen so that they can put them back in and sew him up. The mom is at Miami Valley with a crushed, hip, knee, and ankle to the left leg, and a broken wrist on the right arm. I have been "living" with the Krieder family or so it seems. I arrive early in the mornings, and stay until late in the evening. Emily has been given guardian ship of Ethan because neither of his parents are in place to make the decisions that need to be made. Therefore, she is gone, and I'm at home with her three boys. It sure has been a rough week, they miss their mom so much. Prayer for all the family members involved, and for me would be appreciated.

On the brighter note...It just hit me earlier this week that I'm going to be leaving for New Mexico in just a few weeks! I'm excited about going, but it seems like time is simply flying. I have many things that need to get done before I go. Hopefully my weeks ahead slow down some so I can get these task accomplished. I can't wait to see my friends who are coming along also...you all know who you are!

I have been trying to get ahead start on one of my classes for the fall Children's Literature. Although, I would love to pick up a novel to read, I have been spending my time reading some poetry, and a variety of kid's books. On all 50 books I read I have to come up with a creative project for the kids to do, something besides a book report. This can be challenging at times, but is good for me.

Well, it is getting time for me to head off to my three boys. I hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Sam said...

you can smell the plants in the garden just by walking by? I'm not so sure. Oh, and I hope the food was good, because....yea, nevermind.

I will say a prayer for all of you.

much happiness,

Unknown said...

Wow- you had an interesting week. I hope and pray that everyone involved is healing well physically- emotionally it will take a long time.

I am looking forward to the trip as well. It is always an adventure! :o)

Sarah said...

I have heard that it is always an adventure! I'm so excited can't wait to go!! Thanks for your prayers! See ya soon!