Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Yep, I'm back...Updates & thoughts

Yes, I'm still alive! Life has been very busy the last couple of weeks. It looks as though life will slow down in about a week!

This past weekend was a very good weekend, one that I desperately needed. Friday night I went to a friends graduation from nursing school. I was there with three of my friends, and with someone I kinda of knew but not really. Anyways, by the end of the graduation we both knew each other better than before. I always love getting to meet new people.

After the graduation my phone rang, it was Sam. Didn't know he was there, was confused by his question at first, realized he was in the same building as I was. We decided to hang out later, and it was fun. Went to Amber's graduation party, hung out there for awhile then went home. Stayed up early in the morning talking.

Saturday I went home and went to a friends wedding, had lots of fun hanging out with family, and friends that I haven't seen in awhile. Afterwards Elisabeth and I decided to go shopping...always a lot of fun. Later we went home and swam. Swimming is always relaxing, had many laughs, and made some good memories. Keith, Matthew, and Ethan came over also, it was so much fun hanging out with them. I don't get to see Keith very much anymore, college, and a job took him away from good ole' Columbus. Good thing is his job is transferring him to Columbus, OH for six months. Once school starts again we'll only be an hour away. Much fun will be had by the Williams' cousins and Keith.

So, I have been "living" with one of the families I babysit for. They are cute kids, try my patience at times, but overall I love these kids.Keene, Quinn, & Pierce
All of us doing something funny.
Keene enjoyed putting his finger in his nose and mouthAll of us trying to be normal!

I was blog surfing the other day and I came across a friends blog that I hadn't visited in awhile. It really made me think so I will share just a little with you.

What has been the happiest day of your life? Was it when you got your permit, or how about when you got your licenses. Was it when you graduated from High School, or was it when you got your very first job? Will it be when you find the special someone in your life, or when you become a proud parent? These question I could very well answer yes to, but there has been a day that has been happier than any of these days could even compare to. That was that day at a youth camp when I gave my life to God. The day I made a choice to give up what I want in life, and follow God's plan for my life. For when I made this choice it affected every aspect of my life. I am very glad that I made this decision, and the decision to completely give my life to God no matter the cost. Yes, I've struggled, and life hasn't been the easiest at times but oh what a difference it has made. Have you lost the joy of when you gave your life to Christ? Is this truly been the happiest day of your life? This week seems like it is flying by. Elisabeth came to Cincinnati with me. We have had a blast. Tomorrow we are going to get up early, and spend the day at King's Island. It has been awhile since either of us have been there...can't wait! Tomorrow night after I finish babysitting we will be heading home. Well, that is all for now

Until next time,
Kaylin

1 comments:

Sam said...

bravo! she posted. well done. I enjoyed the update. It's good to read your thoughts, see what's been going on in your life. very good topics too.

never lose your first love.