Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It is a Joy to be a Christian!

What joy it is to be a Christian! I have been reading recently in textbooks about other religions, and I am once again amazed the how wonderful our God is to serve. Our God is our strength, provider, a true friend, comforter, and our Eternal Father. I'm so thankful that I serve a mighty God that loves me unconditionally!

The thing that keeps amazing me about God is that He is concerned about every detail in our lives from the greatest to the smallest. So many times I have found myself just thanking God for the "little" things. He cares about every situation! How amazing is that?

Many times I think where would I be, or what would my view of God be, if I had been born in a different family, or let alone a different country. I'm glad that I know the true and living God and my desire is to see others come into a personal relationship with him. There is no greater thing!

As I was having my devotions today, I came across these two quotes that I had taken during chapel service:

I am either making spiritual progress or drifting there is NO standing still- Dr. Brown

God loves you as if you’re the only person in the world to love.- H.B. London

The first one, yes, can be a little disturbing but has a good meaning with it also. The second one is one that I've been thinking about all day. He loves ME like there is no one else to love! I serve an AWESOME GOD!

0 comments: