Thursday, May 22, 2008

Summer at last

Summer is officially here! I am very thankful for the break from school. It was kind of hard for me to say my goodbyes to all my friends. One of my very best friends graduated, and will not be returning in the fall, but thankfully we will still be in contact with each other. I miss you Christy. To all my other friends I will miss you greatly over the summer. I must say I have some of the best friends ever.

It's good to be "home." My brother's isn't home, but it's working just fine and I'm making it my home for the summer. I must say that its good to be with family instead of a dorm full of girls. My niece and nephew are just the cutest little things ever. Meaghan is getting used to me being there, but she is still struggling some. I have been informed that it's Meaghan's bathroom, Meaghan's room, Meaghan's house, everything is Meaghan's and she can't figure out why she has to share now with Aunt Sarah. On the other hand Kaiden loves having me here to be the person to spit up on. I don't believe I have ever had a child to spit up on me as much as he has. Anyways most importantly there are so many benefits of being at home instead of the dorm.

Benefits:
1. A shower that is clean and I actually have room to move in
2. I can walk around barefoot in the house without the fear of getting fungus or whatever is living in the dorm's carpet.
3. I can now wear my hair down, short sleeves, and most of all flip-flops/sandals.
4. Home cooked food
5. Being able to sleep in (on my days off) until my little heart is content.
(Okay so these are just a few but very great benefits to have!)

Tonight, I stopped by school and picked up a syllabi and some work for the fall. Going to try and get as much done in this class as possible. After I got finished babysitting I stopped by saw Ange, and then came home. Ate supper, changed clothes and then headed down to riverfront! Chris, Jesse, Ange, Amber, Rochelle, Alvin, Valerie, Jessica, Becky, Donny, myself, and a bunch of teens from Teen Power went to riverfront to play a little volleyball. It was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed spending time with the teens.

I'm tired and think I'm going to call it a day. Tomorrow my day starts at 7 in the morning and will go to at least 11:30 tomorrow night. The most exciting thing about it all is I am going home tomorrow and going to spend until Monday or Tuesday at home. Until next time...good-night

1 comments:

Scott & Lynnette said...

We are so glad to have you with us this summer! I told Scott that if you keep doing all my dishes, I may not let you go back to school!! Sorry that everything is Meaghan's. She's really going to be confused when we move next wkend. Have a good wkend! Hope you make lots of money at "Mike's".